Director - International Measurement & Insights
Twitch - London
Posted 6 months ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About The Role
The Director of International Measurement and Insights is a customer-focused professional who has expertise in market research and insights development. You can design and execute programs across a sales organization with. knowledge of the marketing and advertising industry, an eye for research design and strategy, and the ability to bring research to life through great storytelling. We are looking for someone who can develop impactful research and measurement solutions that helps the Twitch International Sales team attract and grow business (EMEA and APAC).
You will play an important role in the growth of our ad sales business through the development of research-backed narratives for client conversations and proprietary pieces. Experience in a fast-growing environment and experience working closely with Marketing and Sales teams earns extra points.
Reporting to the VP of Sales Marketing, you will be both a leader and contributor, setting the vision for the research practice in the US while actively shaping client deliverables and understanding of human behavior, cultural trends, and brand dynamics.
- Oversee the development of the International Audience Insights Managers based in London, responsible for providing proactive and reactive sales support by combining a diverse range of research and measurement projects to develop advertiser-specific recommendations.
- Partner with US counterpart to develop our narratives and research strategy, including the audiences to support, the resources to build, the formats and the tools and partners to use.
- Ship insights-driven programs and narratives related to different consumer segments on Twitch (e.g. Males 18-34, Women in Gaming), shifting behaviors (e.g. TV and OTT viewing), and markets (e.g. Gaming, Entertainment, Auto, CPG, and Finance)
- Oversee ongoing surveys, focus groups and other data collection, run / confirm analysis, and ensure insights are applied with regular feedback loop to teams
- Design and manage research studies including vendor selection and management, methodology development, and analysis of results.
- Partner with relevant account teams to identify client challenges and focus areas, with the goal of creating client value, maximizing revenue and partnership growth.
- Overseer of the Twitch RPG brand, channels and scaled insights solutions to promote awareness, positive perception and ongoing use.
- Establish best practices and develop new, proprietary research and measurement methodologies to maximize the impact of the team’s work.
- Be the voice for Twitch Advertising in international markets on research industry speaking and PR opportunities and panels.
- 12+ years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in secondary/syndicated research and analytics tools
- Expertise in quantitative and qualitative research methods and reporting techniques
- Expertise in primary research design and analysis
- Analytical skills (can distill compelling conclusions and recommendations from data)
- Ease and enthusiasm for data and data storytelling
- Presentation skills (can simplify complex topics, clearly articulate research, and persuasively engage C-suite audiences)
- Excellent management skills (will mentor and inspire team members)
- Interest in and understanding of the cultural forces and trends that impact consumer behavior
- Experience with the role of research in ad sales marketing
- Experience building teams through active development and recruiting incredible talent
- Experience with the Twitch eco-system and how advertising fits into the mix
- Experience with the gaming industry
- Private Medical Insurance, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance, Pension Plan, Maternity & Parental Leave , Paid Time Off & Holidays, Commuter Benefits , Amazon Employee Discount, Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships), Lunch Served Four Times a Week, Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.