Mino Games - Montreal, QC
Posted 1 year ago
IMPORTANT Despite the current pandemic, Mino Games is still actively hiring and looking for new talents. We’ve adjusted our recruitment process so it can be carried from the comfort of your home. Apply now!
Hey there! We’re Mino, an exciting studio founded in Silicon Valley and located in Montreal, specializing in free-to-play mobile games, and the team behind the sensation Cat Game: the Cats Collector! We’ve recently raised more than $30 million to support our ambitious growth. We have big plans and projects coming up, and we need your help to create content for the games millions of users love.
What You'll Do:
- You will Illustrate, clean up and color the visual elements of the game using Adobe Photoshop.
- You will deliver assets respecting the structure and visual style established by the art team while maintaining an adequate level of detail.
- You will participate in new content ideation and help the art team come up with super environments and decorations.
- You will help create icons and visual elements for new game features and newsletters.
- You will ensure clear communication with your Art Lead for your questions and mentoring needs
What You Are:
- Able to meet tight deadlines and follow direction from the art team
- Team player - Positive attitude and put the team first
- Able to take feedback
- Creative, autonomous, flexible, organized and meticulous
- Creative problem solver
What You Have:
- A true passion for video games, creativity, rigor, autonomy, and team spirit will be indispensable.
- 2 years experience of being a 2D Artist in a video game or design studio, and ability to work across varied art styles.
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and knowledge of Adobe Animate
- Training in graphic design, visual arts, multimedia or related field.
- Have a strong foundation in traditional drawing skills, composition, light and colour theory
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English and French
What We Have to Offer
We have specific perks for Artists:
- Technology: our default setup is Mac + an illustration board, but we can accommodate most of your preferences as well.
- Talent: work alongside extremely talented artists and learn from them.
- Training: we want to invest in you and support in becoming the best. We can offer training classes and sessions from SYN Studio in Montreal, and Schoolism online, among others.
- Independent Creativity: Mino Games is independent, which means we work for ourselves and own all of our Intellectual Property. We can be as creative as we want without being limited by client demands!
Mino offers a great environment and a ton of benefits:
- PTO: 4 weeks vacation + December Holidays, and unlimited sick days
- Flexibility: flexible work hours and work arrangements
- Office: beautifully decorated and sunlit, perfect location (Place-des-Arts Station), awesome vibe and complete with snacks and dogs!
- Benefits: comprehensive health coverage
- Activities: Our Office Happiness Task Force will always surprise you with team and company-wide outings, surprises, and activities
Mino Games hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you’re curious and would like to know more, apply!