Senior Manager - Accounts Payable
Twitch - San Francisco, CA, US
Posted 11 months ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is looking for a Senior Manager to lead our Accounts Payable team that is a hands-on leader with excellent accounting and operational skills. You will report to the Senior Director of Accounting and manage a team of 5 employees. You will have experience working in high-growth environments and scaling accounting functions through system implementation, process improvements and shared services. Responsibilities include:
- Lead and develop the Accounts Payable team.
- Manage the accounting month-end close including reviewing journal entries, account reconciliations and flux analysis.
- Drive process improvements and contribute to accounting transformation projects including the implementation of SAP and Basware.
- Design and implement accounting policies and internal controls.
- Ensure vendor invoices and employee expense reports are processed timely and accurately.
- Ensure compliance with income tax classification, withholding tax, use tax and tax reporting.
- Set the short, medium and long-term strategy for the Accounts Payable team (people, process and systems) including the roll out shared services.
- Value collaboration and be willing to take on ad-hoc requests.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field. A CPA licence is a preferred.
- At least 10 years experience working in either public or private accounting. A background working in startups, media, tech or entertainment is preferred.
- At least 5 years of progressive management experience with a proven track record of leading and developing high performing teams.
- Excellent accounting and operational skills with a strong understanding of GAAP and SOX controls. Multi-entity and shared service experience is preferred.
- Make sound independent decisions and know when to escalate matters.
- Advanced Excel skills (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and are comfortable with analyzing large datasets to make informed conclusions.
- Excellent project management skills with prior system implementation experience.
- You embrace and advocate the Twitch culture and values.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.