Backend Software Engineer
AlcaCruz Inc - San Mateo, CA
Posted 11 months ago
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Doctoral Degree
- Database Design
- Application Development
- Computer Networking
- Analysis Skills
- Google Cloud Platform
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Work From Home
AlcaCruz Software Engineer
AlcaCruz's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users stream, explore, and interact with VR 360 video streaming and MultiView esports and sports streaming. Our products need to handle information at massive scale and extend well beyond scalability.
We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, from distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, video streaming, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on specific projects critical to AlcaCruz's needs with opportunities to take on new projects as you grow, and our business evolves.
We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full stack as we continue to push technology forward.
AlcaCruz hires people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges. Our engineers not only revolutionize the VR 360 video streaming and MultiView streaming industries, they routinely work on scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications, small robust and reliable micro-service and entirely new platforms.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Math, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of general software programming experience in Java, C/C++, Python, database design and SQL, and/or knowledge of TCP/IP and network programming.
- Large systems software design and development experience, with experience in Unix/Linux.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science.
- Experience developing applications for multiple mobile platforms (e.g. Android, iOS), internet-related cloud technologies, and gaming industries, etc.
- Familiarity with open source cloud and application platforms, cloud computing services, such as AWS, Digital Ocean, GCP, etc.
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Good understanding of private and public cloud design considerations and limitations in the areas of virtualization and global infrastructure, distributed systems, load balancing and networking, massive data storage, Hadoop, MapReduce, and internet security.
- Writing server-side code for AlcaCruz’s streaming platform-based applications, create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
- Build, design and implement scalable cloud-based web applications for PaaS, IaaS or SaaS.
- Provide thought leadership for cloud developer technologies and collaborate with a cross-functional engineering team to streamline and improve the technology underlying AlcaCruz’s streaming platform.
- Design, implement, and manage persistent data stores for high-traffic transactional systems.
- Validate various data pulls for accuracy and completeness.
- Provide technical guidance to team on data mining processes.
Job Type: Full-time
- Java: 4 years (Required)
- SQL: 4 years (Required)
- Python: 4 years (Required)
- C/C++: 4 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- Flexible schedule
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19