Esports Team Coach [Fortnite]
Esports Tower - Orlando, FL
Posted 4 months ago
- Organizational Skills
- Microsoft Office
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
Full Job Description
Esports Tower™ Orlando is seeking to fill the position of Head Coach for a newly formed Fortnite™ Esports Club Program. We are a start-up company and are interested in candidates with a solid foundation of experience in esports and an entrepreneurial spirit.
The Fortnite™ Head Coach will assist in developing the program in a manner that is consistent with and advances our Strategic Plan and will advise us on opportunities and challenges associated with the growth of the program.
- Our coaches are responsible for training our youth athletes, including, but not limited to:
- Prepping for and leading training sessions.
- Leading physical fitness and mental wellness exercises.
- Coaching during weekend matches, tournaments, and competitions.
- Developing game and life skills among young athletes.
- Serving as an advisor to parents around topics in esports, teamwork, and competition.
Key features of the Fortnite™ Head Coach
- The Fortnite™ Head Coach demonstrates competence and effectiveness in: Technical and operational aspects of gaming and esports including, but not limited to, organized, multiplayer video game competitions involving real-time strategy, objective fps games and specifically Fortnite™.
- Has an interest in assisting in developing and administering cohesive plans and policies that reflect our vision, values and mission.
- We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, willing to learn, has a “can-do” attitude, and has a passion for Esports. The candidate will also be highly organized and can multitask.
- Team player with a positive attitude and a willingness to go the extra mile
- Ability to quickly build and maintain key relationships with athletes and parents
- Highly adaptable, quick learner with excellent organizational skills
- Competitive, persuasive, goal oriented team player with ambition, drive and determination to succeed
Primary Responsibilities of the Fortnite™ Head Coach
- Attending office meetings in person to present weekly reports about the team to the General Manager
- Assisting in the creation of monthly practice schedules
- Mediating minor player disputes
- Assisting the General Manager with various tasks as needed.
- Assisting other staff members with tasks as needed.
- Serve as primary contact on all matters that deal directly with the Fortnite™ team and players.
- Actively seek & secure clients, sponsorship, or funding to support Esports Tower™
- Manage the Fornite esports personnel and program in a manner appropriate to support the goals of the Esports Tower™.
- Train athletes to competitive standards and strive to build championship teams.
Qualifications of the Esports Manager & Head Coach
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience. Master’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the esports industry. titles, and related fields.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of Fortnite™ competitive scene & meta.
- Demonstrated experience in mechanics and fundamentals of Fortnite™.
- Experience working in a fluid, self-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability as a self-starter.
- Experience in a club sports environment or similar preferred. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products.
- 10 -15 hours/Week (With options to increase)
- 2 Times a week and 1 weekend a month (3 Month Contract)
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $13.00 - $25.00 per hour
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Esports: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Other forms
Hours per week:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required