Amazon - Seattle, WA
Posted 10 months ago Apply Now!
Amazon is all in on games.
We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and Esports of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scales. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the futures most influential voices in media and art, come join us. At Amazon Game Studios, youll have the power of Amazon Web Services cloud, Twitch, and our digital and physical media publishing infrastructure available as raw material to forge a future filled with amazing experiences for players, broadcasters and creators.
You are a manager and engineer with broad game development experience and world-class technical leadership skills. You are as obsessed with empowering designers, artists, and gameplay programmers with great tools and technology as you are with directly delivering a great player experience. You lead by example, and make everyone around you better.
As a Software Development Manager on the Crucible game team, you will lead our Core Systems, Tools, and Platforms teams. Your team will build the tools and technology necessary to enable the studio to consistently and reliably deliver new content and features that delight our players. You will champion new ideas to further empower our developers and content creators, and you will find simple, robust solutions to enable new player experiences our creative teams dream up. You will help broaden the reach of our game to more players, in more places, on more platforms.
• Hire world-class engineers, and retain them.
• Coach your team members, and grow their capabilities over time.
• Develop project plans and commitments for yourself and your team, then deliver consistently against those commitments.
• Collaborate with experts on your team and others to drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class user experience in a sustainable way.
• Roll up your sleeves, dive into the details, and make hands-on contributions where appropriate.
• Be a champion for the player: Insist on the highest standards, and create functional and robust technology that delights internal and external customers.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
· 3+ years of people management experience
· 8+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on multi-discipline teams
· At least 1 released game on which you were a primary contributor
· 7+ years of people management experience with multiple shipped game titles
· Experience shipping high production value (AAA) games as a member of more than 50 person teams
· Experience developing and shipping on consoles
· Experience as an individual contributor engineer on core game engine technology
· Experience working on large scale, commercial online game services
· Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, and other developers
· Meets/exceeds Amazons leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazons functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age