LIVINGSTONE COLLEGE - Salisbury, NC
Posted 1 year ago Apply Now!
Position: Head Coach eSports & Athletic Program Director
Reports to: Athletics Director
The Head Coach of eSports is responsible for initiating various aspects of the eSports program, such as recruiting, scheduling opponents, and training squad members. The Head Coach is required to abide by the rules and regulations established by Livingstone College (LC), the Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association (CIAA), NCAA and the recognized eSports affiliation. As Athletic Program Director, be responsible for the management of the overall recruiting efforts of the Athletic Department, operation of Summer Camps and assist in other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director. This is a full-time twelve-month position. LC is a member of the NCAA at the Division II level.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Recruit, train, and coach members of the eSports program
• Coordinate the development and promotion of the eSports program
• Generate additional funds for support of the program
• Organize and schedule practice games with approval of the Athletic Director
• Arrange for Arena (Computer Room) care and maintenance
• Administrative tasks to include budget formulation
• Coordinate / Monitor with each sport their recruiting efforts, goals and results
• Camp Coordinator for all Athletic Department program camps
• Represent Livingstone College and the eSports program in a professional manner
• Bachelors degree required, masters degree preferred
• Strong commitment to the Student-Athlete concept
• Working knowledge of the NCAA rules and regulations
• 3 to 5 years collegiate coaching experience
• Effective leadership, communication, coaching and
• Recruiting skills is preferred
Livingstone College is a private, four-year liberal arts institution founded in 1879 by the African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church. Secured by a strong commitment to quality instruction, the College offers excellent liberal arts and religious education programs for students designed to develop their potential for leadership and service to a global community.