Concord University - Athens, WV
Posted 10 months ago Apply Now!
The Head Coach of eSports is a teacher, manager, supervisor, promoter and facilitator of eSports and the development of student-athletes in the context of a competitive eSports program at Concord University. The position will oversee all aspects of a collegiate, competitive eSports program, including, but not limited to, primarily recruiting qualified student-athletes, monitoring academic progress toward degree, budgeting, scheduling, competition and practice preparation, individual and program development, facility and equipment maintenance, fundraising, and community activity. The eSports Coach will also provide key input into the selection of games and tournaments in which the team will participate.
Duties and Responsibilities
The primary duties of the eSports Coach include the following:
• Recruit student-athletes who have the potential to be successful in both academics and eSports
• Management of eSports facility and selection of equipment, as well as maintenance and inventory.
• Lead, guide, and direct all phases of a competitive eSports program, with particular emphasis on student-athlete learning and development and compliance.
• Serve as a teacher, coach, & mentor, instructing student-athletes in how to perform their sport, including proper techniques and fundamentals.
• Establish and maintain good personal relationships with student-athletes, faculty, staff, the community, and the media.
• As an ambassador, the coach markets and promotes the university and eSports programs to potential students and maintains positive public relations.
• Supervise coaching staff to assure compliance and support to programmatic and university goals for student-athlete development.
• Maintain administrative responsibilities pertaining to the position, including, but not limited to, budgets, academic reports, regular progress reports, rosters, scheduling, travel logistics, and other team matters.
• Other duties as assigned.
% of Time
Minimum Education Bachelor's
A master’s degree is preferred.
Valid Driver’s license
No particular license or certification is required.
Type of experience Needed Experience with Call of Duty, Overwatch, League of Legends, and/or Fortnite
Amount of Experience Needed (Months/Years) Over 6, up to 12 months
Open Until Filled Yes
The position has limited physical demands. It requires light physical effort involving bending, stooping, walking, stretching, sitting and standing for long periods of time. This position involves occasional lifting of lightweight objects up to 25 pounds. Travel, including occasional overnight travel, may be required. This position will require certification/training for State vehicle operation.