Amazon - Chicago, IL
Posted 1 year ago Apply Now!
The Director of Sponsorships - Midwest will be based in our Chicago office and report to the Head of Sponsorship Sales in the US Twitch Advertising group. This role will immediately dive in and connect Twitch with new business as well as champion the existing business in their portfolio. This individual will be tasked with championing the sponsorship sales product at Twitch including esports leagues, esports teams, original & licensed content and influencers to designated client categories located within the midwest territory of the United States. This role will require a passion for sales development with the ability to manage client outreach, pipelines and sales goals.
The Director of Sponsorships - Midwest will work with the Sr. Director, Global Sponsorships to co-manage a geographically dispersed client list in a disciplined, metric-focused environment. This role will also possess a self-starter element and be responsible for individual client identification & management, requiring a moderate amount of travel. Key to this role will be working closely across the Advertising, Marketing, Partnerships, Content, and Events teams at Twitch good communication skills and ability to work cross-collaboratively are a must!
· Think like business development, and close like sales
· Be a consultative, creative, and tenacious partner who has the ability to conceive and close sophisticated client solutions in collaboration with media sales
· Consistently assist in achieving annual sales targets based on Twitchs revenue objectives and help drive sponsorship & media revenues across the Twitch Global Advertising Group
· Clearly learn and express the value and benefits of Twitchs Sponsorship products, custom solutions, audience to clients and agencies
· Develop unique strategies that cater to Twitch Sponsorships to specific advertising categories and brands
· Work with global Sales and Marketing teams to identify key opportunities of sales and opportunity for growth
· 8+ years of experience in sales in gaming, esports, or traditional sports industries
· Knowledge of the video game and esports ecosystems and/or the traditional sports and entertainment ecosystems.
· Well connected with Vice President & C-Level Marketing executives in relevant territory
· Highly entrepreneurial spirit, with detailed organization and able to function independently
· Able to deal with rapidly changing priorities and business circumstances with excellent communication skills
· Enthusiastic team player and self-starter with commitment to excellence
· Experience with MS Office programs, including word and Excel
· 20% travel is expected
· Strong advertising or sponsorship background within the video game space
· A real passion for Twitch - regular watcher of Twitch gaming content
· Experience with big-brand clients from non-gaming markets
· PowerPoint, Photoshop, and other design programs that may help expedite sales pitches