KPC Media Group Inc - Angola, IN
Posted 4 months ago
Date Posted June 16, 2020
Industry Newspapers / Wires
Specialty Not Specified
Required Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Status Full-time
Salary Not Specified
KPC Media Group Inc. is searching for a new sports reporter to cover sports and other assignments in northeast Indiana. This open position will primarily focus on high school sports in Steuben and LaGrange counties and Trine University in Angola, although assignments may take them throughout the wider area. Duties will include covering sports events on deadline as well as producing features and news stories for the daily sports page. In off-seasons, sports reporters may also be utilized to cover other news and features around the region.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Reports and writes stories for the newspaper, the website and/or social media accounts, including posting breaking news to the web as soon as possible.
- Takes photos to accompany stories when needed.
- Promotes content via the newspaper website and social media accounts to increase readership and reader engagement.
- Compiles a weekly budget of story ideas and is ready to present ideas for stories at regular meetings.
- Develops and maintains sources for assigned beats.
- Meets deadlines for the newspaper website.
- Knows and follows AP and KPC Media style.
- Edits and prepares submitted material for publication.
- Ensures that stories are reported accurately and fairly.
- Proofreads pages prior to publication as needed, and may also coordinate content for the sports desk as needed
- Works with other KPC employees in a collaborative, respectful fashion.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in journalism/communications or equivalent experience and/or previous experience as a reporter or writer at a newspaper or publication.
- Photography skills to shoot, crop and send digital photos to accompany stories.
- Knowledge and application of social media tools such as Facebook and Twitter as well as submission of stories in an online format via KPC affiliated websites.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal).
- Adobe InDesign pagination experience a plus, but not required
- How to
Send cover letter, resume and at least three writing samples (please also include sports photography work, if available) to KPC Media Group Executive Editor Steve Garbacz at with the subject line 'Sports Reporter.'
KPC Media Group, Inc is an EOE/Drug free workplace
Must have a valid drivers licence and auto insurance.
Send your resume to this employer.Your Contact Information
Your Cover Letter (450 words max).Your Resume (your resume will not be stored in our database)
We accept .DOCX, .DOC, .RTF, .TXT, .PDF up to about two pages.
We currently do not accept images or scanned documents.
Email the resume you posted on to this employer.
Don't have a resume posted on Click here to post one now!Your Cover Letter (450 words max).
Your email address
Job ads copyrighted by -- 1998-2020