Amazon - Seattle, WA
Posted 4 months ago Apply Now!
Amazon is all in on games.
We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and Esports of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scales. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the futures most influential voices in media and art, come join us. At Amazon Game Studios, youll have the power of Amazon Web Services cloud, Twitch, and our digital and physical media publishing infrastructure available as raw material to forge a future filled with amazing experiences for players, broadcasters and creators.
You are a Publishing Software Development Manager with broad game development experience and world-class team leadership and software engineering skills. You will build and lead a team focused on creating the core technologies and products enabling a new type of game experience leveraging Amazon Technologies. You will be a key voice of leadership impacting a new project in the Amazon Game Studios portfolio. Your team includes industry veterans of dozens of titles including Need for Speed, Call of Duty, Half Life 2, Burnout Paradise, Forza, and Halo. This is a rare opportunity to get in at the beginning and help shape the foundation of a brand new game experience. Successful candidates will have a track record of shipping quality software and also excel at communicating effectively within a growing organization.
As a Games Publishing Software Development Manager, you will be expected to:
· Be a leadership partner with internal and external Game teams to support their visionary plans and ship games!
· Drive & influence the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class user experience.
· Review schedules and milestone deliverables and provide detailed quantitative and qualitative feedback.
· Help drive strong culture of candor and respect, facilitating communication throughout the group at all levels.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
· 4+ years of people management experience.
· 7+ years of professional software engineering experience, leading multi-discipline teams.
· Shipped at least one top-tier console or PC game through multiple cycles as Senior Technical and Production Leader.
· 5+ years of people management and technical leadership experience with multiple shipped titles.
· Experience driving work across programming, art, and design disciplines.
· Strong understanding of software development processes and product management methodologies.
· Can solve problems of high technical complexity and scale in game development context
· Demonstrated leadership responsibility for delivery of a technically demanding product, in a team environment, from idea conception through launch.
· Experience overseeing technical and production areas for multiple games / projects simultaneously.
· Experience in communicating with customers, technical, regulatory, business teams, and management to collect requirements, describe product features, and technical designs.
· Understanding of live services and the complexities of running a live product.
· Passion and broad knowledge of project management and product process.
· Meets/exceeds Amazons leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazons functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age