Senior Industrial Designer
Razer USA, Ltd. - Irvine, CA
Posted 9 months ago
The Senior Industrial Designer is responsible for delivering world class products, and pro-actively advancing the goals of the Industrial Design Team, from covering early product definition, concepting, development, to production execution.
***Portfolio submission required for consideration***
- Work with design management to define new products, project objectives, and design strategies.
- Responsible for leadership of assigned projects as well as the mentorship of contributing lower-ranking designers.
- Exercise expert-level design principles working within Razer's design language, but also proposing updates to the strategy, ensuring relevance over time.
- Conceptualize, design and manage the development of new products within Razer's product development processes, leveraging communication tools and techniques in a manner that has a positive impact on the scope of work.
- Work within Razers existing materials and manufacturing processes, but also developing unique differentiating solutions together with Engineering & Product Development.
- Develop Trend Research as input to the creative process, to identify relevant trends, materials, and manufacturing processes to inspire CMF direction.
- Visualize CMF concepts by using appropriate tools (mood boards, color matching, sketching, advanced rendering) to define and communicate CMF exploration in a comprehensive way.
- Communication of Industrial Design directions at a high level within the project team environment through excellent verbal, written & visual communication.
- Set priorities on all assigned projects and meet established deliverables throughout the development process.
- Use design software to create complete design concepts for designs that will complete the project scope within the schedule parameters defined by product development team.
- Understands Razer's users, identifies design problems and develops solutions.
- Work with cross-platform teams in Taiwan, Singapore and China.
- Travel required up to 30% (domestic & international).
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS/BFA) or equivalent work experience in industrial design.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Industrial Design.
- Proficient in Alias, Solidworks, Photoshop, Illustrator, KeyShot, and other design software.
- Highly proficient with 2D and 3D design visualization and CAD tools.
- Strong ability to visualize and present CMF concepts and CMF strategy.
- Knowledge of materials, process, assembly, electronics, and production methods
- Creativity and innovative thinking.
- Strong Sketching and prototype making capabilities.
- Attention to details, strong problem-solving skills and ability to implement changes rapidly.
- Excellent time management, organization & prioritization skills.
- Excellent communication skills (visual, verbal, and written).
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects while managing competing priorities.
- Ability to network and establish relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Negotiation and influencing skills as well as determination and tenacity.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and exploration.
- An ethical and professional approach to work
Razer™ is the world's leading lifestyle brand for gamers.
The triple-headed snake trademark of Razer is one of the most recognized logos in the global gaming and esports communities. With a fan base that spans every continent, the company has designed and built the world's largest gamer-focused ecosystem of hardware, software and services.
The award-winning hardware of Razer includes high-performance gaming peripherals, Blade gaming laptops and the acclaimed Razer Phone.
Razer's software platform, with over 50 million users, includes Razer Synapse (an Internet of Things platform), Razer Chroma (a proprietary RGB lighting technology system), and Razer Cortex (a game optimizer and launcher).
Razer services include Razer zGold, one of the world's largest virtual credit services for gamers, which allows gamers to purchase virtual goods and items from over 2,500 different games.
Founded in 2005 and dual-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, Razer has nine offices worldwide and is recognized as the leading brand for gamers in the USA, Europe and China. Razer is listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange (Stock Code: 1337).