Esports General Manager
Confluence Prepatory Academy - Saint Louis, MO
Posted 9 months ago
Esports General Manager
Activities/Athletic Director & Principal
POSITION SUMMARY: The General Manager will assist the Athletic Director with establishing a vision, strategy, and implementation of all aspects of the eSports program. The General Manager will be responsible for recruiting and coaching qualified Esports student-athletes for both club and competitive varsity/sub-varsity teams. They will define competitive priorities and assist participants in improving their skills and performance. The General Manger will serve as the program lead. They will maintain an environment of sportsmanship, accountability, and academic achievement with graduation as the desired outcome.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Organize and administer camps and clinics for currently enrolled students and prospective students
- Actively recruit staff and students to participate in the program
- Work with Activities/Athletic Director to secure sponsorship or funding for Esports
- Supervise all paid and volunteer coaching staff
- Create and maintain inventory control tracking system for all equipment, furniture, and uniforms
- Work with Activities/Athletic Director and Network Systems Administrator to purchase, maintain, troubleshoot, replace both hardware and software applications
- Ensure website and social media platforms show current information, results, and highlights of the Esports program
- Confirm all student athlete eligibility as required
- Maintain historical records and files in accordance with established filing system
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE: An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- Requires a minimum of (2) years competitive experience with a variety of game titles including: League of Legends, Overwatch, and Rocket League in club sports environment
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred or equivalent experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products
- Goal setting
- Knowledge of the Esports industry titles, and related fields
- Ability to apply logic, collect data and conduct analysis as required solving certain problems with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to comprehend product manuals, memos, letters and correspondence and share information in one-on-one or group situations
- Ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to operate a personal computer and basic office software
EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM THE JOB which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Personal Computer
- Gaming system(s)
- Standard office equipment
WORK ENVIRONMENT Environmental and atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- Requires a concentrated level of attention
- Exposed to moderate noise levels
PHYSICAL ABILITIES that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- Requires walking, sitting, talking, hearing, reaching with hands/arms, and repetitive wrist, hand and/or finger movements