Amazon - Seattle, WA
Posted 3 months ago Apply Now!
Are you a technical leader ready to drive growth in the gaming space? Lead the publishing services that power Twitch Prime and that will bring Amazon games, such as New World and our announced co-development of Lord of the Rings, to market.
In this leadership role, you will extend those services to accelerate the game industry by building services to radically improve game discovery and distribution. Revolutionize how gamers find games they will love. Help game developers, including Amazons own studios, to reach a global audience and find customers who will love their games by leveraging our technology and communication channels in a systematic, intelligent way. This true General Manager role will allow you to combine technical leadership, product insight, and business acumen to serve both game developers and gamers as never before. The successful candidate must have a deep direct technical leadership history and proven consumer product experience. An existing strong team has shipped initial versions of the Amazon Games App and supporting services. The opportunity and next step is to bring them to maturity.
Amazon is all in on games, and this business is one of a series of disruptive new initiatives that highlights our investment and dedication to the industry and its players. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future in which fans are creators, players are celebrities, and games are a global cultural touchstone that cuts across age, gender and nationality. Games have the power to connect communities at a massive scale, and this role will delve into these communities, linking these communities to Amazons broader ecosystem through content that is all about the gamers.
Amazon has a strong and growing reputation in the video game business, including being named the best place to buy games in a recent industry survey, the release of several award winning games on Android and iOS, the launch of own cloud-based game engine, the announcement of Crucible and New World, releasing this summer, and our acquisition of Twitch. Twitch, Lumberyard, Amazon Web Services, Amazon game development and services, our digital and physical media retail, are just some of our current assets that are relevant to this growing community
· Bachelors degree in CS or related field required
· 10+ years of software development or development leadership experience
· 5+ years people management experience
· 3+ years owning consumer product feature definition
· Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases. Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others
· Masters Degree, MBA, and/or BS in a technical field all preferred
· Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality
· Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape
· Knowledge and experience with web-scale services and distributed systems
· Experience leading multiple teams, including managing other people managers
· Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
· Proven track record of building and managing high performing teams, including engineering teams
· Passion for people management and mentorship
· Knowledge and prior experience in games and with game developers
· Experience creating and launching self-service businesses at scale