Social Media Coordinator (APAC)
Evil Geniuses - Remote
Posted 1 year ago
Founded in 1999, Evil Geniuses shaped the history of esports with our long-running legacy. Our success is rooted in the freedom to choose our own path. As EG eyes the future, our commitment to excellence will drive our continued dominance across elite gaming as we attract top talent and steadfast partnerships. Today, we seek people who share that same drive and dedication, that same grit and passion that makes Evil Geniuses legendary. We will always fight to make our space a place for all. Join us and Live Evil.
As a Social Media Coordinator at Evil Geniuses, you will be integral in creating and maintaining a strong on-brand social media presence for our organization. With a focus on the APAC region, you will be the point of contact for our social media agency. You'll work closely with them to ideate posts, content, and community building for our Weibo and other platforms, ensure all posts and content on the platforms are on-brand, and coordinate internally with the gaming and partnerships team.
We are seeking a highly creative and hardworking social media coordinator who speaks, reads, and writes in Mandarin fluently and has experience in creating content, social media platforms, branding, and reporting. Flexibility, good communication skills, being able to keep cool under pressure, and the ability to work to a hard deadline is what you'll need to be successful at Evil Geniuses. You will report to our Community Manager as part of the overall Marketing team.
- Be the point of contact for our social media agency, working flexible hours as needed to align with the APAC market
- Work with our social media agency to create an overall APAC social media strategy that incorporates new ways to attract fans and other platforms that align with our brand
- Ideate on social posts, content, and community building for Weibo and other platforms
- Maintain our brand voice across all social media platforms
- Create and post on-brand copy to various social media platforms
- Post coverage of live tournaments for multiple games on various social media platforms
- Research audience preference, engagement, and discover current trends
- Develop an optimal posting schedule and increase audience engagement metrics
- Work with the rest of the marketing team and other departments to develop and secure assets for posting on social media in a timely manner
- Track analytics for all social media platforms and report these to the Community Manager and Director of Marketing
- Engage with our APAC audience and provide insight into our community to all internal departments
- Comfortable traveling to APAC countries for work
- Attend events as-needed for live coverage
- 1-3 years of professional social media experience across Western and Chinese platforms, including Weibo, DouYu, Douyin, Huya, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, and Facebook
- Fluent in Mandarin and deep knowledge of Chinese culture and China digital landscape
- Strong copywriting, communication, project management, customer relationship, and decision-making skills
- Enthusiasm for video games and knowledge of the esports industry, teams, and players
- Experience with analytics and creating reports
- Ability to multi-task and organize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter with a strong sense of urgency
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud preferred
- International work experience is a plus
Be Bold. Be Unique. Be Fearless. BE Genius.