VP / General Manager - Esports
Learfield IMG College - Winston-Salem, NC
Posted 1 year ago
Please Note - This role can sit in either our WInston Salem, NC or Plano, TX offices.
An industry leader for more than four decades, Learfield IMG College has a deep presence in the college athletics landscape nationwide. It manages the multimedia and sponsorship rights for nearly 250 collegiate institutions, conferences and arenas, and supports athletic departments at all competitive levels as title sponsor of the prestigious Learfield IMG College Directors' Cup.
Learfield IMG College also provides its collegiate partners access to professional concessions and ticket sales; branding, licensing and trademark consulting; digital and social platform expertise; campus-wide business and sponsorship development; and venue and technology systems through its affiliated companies.
Our people-friendly culture is a hallmark of our style and approach to business and is rooted in values demonstrating intentional and active care for other people. The company and its employees strive each day to live by the company's value statement: "build the team, grow the company, have fun, love and serve others."
Learfield IMG College Esports is Learfield's dedicated entity representing the company's esports ventures and related initiatives. In complete collaboration with the leadership of the organization, this team is committed to extending the passion for the affiliated university brands into the world of esports across competition, content and commerce. Learfield is creating the first official college platform at the intersection of traditional and esports.
Our growing business seeks an accomplished VP & GM, LIMGC Esports, to join our corporate team located in Plano. Our ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience developing esports competition, content and commerce strategies. You will be responsible for creating and deploying esports initiatives, content and sponsorship opportunities that drive sustainable, new revenue for the company.
The Esports General Manager reports directly to the Executive Vice President, Media & Partnerships Group for Learfield IMG College and is responsible for developing, implementing, executing and reporting on our esports strategy and related activities. The general manager is also responsible for the planning, implementation, administration, and communication of the esports sales strategies with the university sports properties and other related Learfield business units.
- Will handle the structural design and league competitions, effectively operating as the Commissioner of LIMGC esports
- Deliver on the established esports revenue and performance goals through the development of various event, sponsorship and other revenue-producing esports opportunities
- Partners closely with LIMGC sports property general managers and staff with the objective of supporting the property's sales efforts to ensure the highest attainable level of success in all esports initiatives. This includes:
- Developing strong relationships with the property general managers.
- Understanding the strategic goals and objectives of the Media & Partnerships Group
- Determining properties' fit within the esports initiatives.
- Educating the property staff on how to prospect, pitch and sell esports
- Helping each property navigate the esports landscape on their campus in order to achieve maximum buy-in
- Coordinating all media related activities around content creation and distribution, potentially including live event production and management
- Develop and maintain strong, lasting relationships with both current and potential corporate sponsors in the esports space
- Serve as the company's spokesperson on esports for both our university partners and the industry
- Develop, implement and review strategic plans, including sales/financial performance and new product development ideas to include things such as non-sponsorship driven revenue streams across areas like ticketing, licensing, merchandising, etc.
- Partner with Executive Vice President to develop an annual fiscal budget for the entire esports property
- Ensure property sales teams effectively leverage internal support groups such as Field Marketing, Research and Digital to drive sales and awareness
- Assist in recruiting, managing and training all support staff, including any third-party vendors who participate in the execution of esports-related activities
- Develop and model a strong team-based esports culture, where encouragement and partnership are recognized and rewarded
- Maintain flexible work hours including events that may occur on weeknights or weekends
- 5+ years of relevant experience in esports industry
- Successful esports event/content execution and monetization/partnership strategy experience
- Natural ability to establish and maintain genuine, lasting relationships
- High energy level coupled with a strong drive for results
- Extremely motivated to succeed; strong competitive spirit
- Able to develop and execute strategic plans to meet both short and long-term business objectives
- Able to effectively manage change and bring others along with you
- Effective problem-solving abilities
- Strong commitment to building a learning culture that benefits yourself and your staff
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining strong, lasting relationships with relevant stakeholders
- Must possess a high level of integrity and honesty
- Able to influence and motivate others through leading by example
- Manage time effectively and orchestrate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Effective communication, organizational, presentation, and listening skills
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Learfield IMG College is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity