Finalmouse - Remote
Posted 3 months ago Apply Now!
The goal of a Finalmouse Product Design Engineer is to lead the design and development of new cutting edge PC gaming/esports peripherals to expand our industry leading product portfolio.
• The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of hands-on consumer electronic product design experience in a fast paced and high volume production environment
• 3D CAD expertise required
• Experience using PDM software, Agile preferred
• Experience with highly complex wireless devices are a plus
• Work with Industrial Design to assess product features for manufacturability and recommend capable processes, equipment, etc.
• Broad range of experience designing for various materials and processes: plastic injection/compression molding, metal machining, metal forming/stamping, extensive material finishing and cosmetic treatments
• Conduct DOE studies and present conclusions to support design
• Responsible for root cause analysis studies and corrective action plan implementation • Ability to conduct in-depth tolerance analysis and apply GD&T at sub-assembly and full system level
• Experience developing manufacturing processes with Asian suppliers
• Work with suppliers and in-region teams to define and refine tooling, fixtures and assembly capabilities
• Works effectively under high level of pressure and demanding time lines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and people skills; ability to interact with management, team members and external vendors
• Teamwork: the candidate must be able to communicate well with cross-functional team members, be able to efficiently collaborate with others to achieve project goals, and contribute positively to the engineering community Description
The Product Design Engineer needs to be innovative and collaborative with experience in designing, developing, testing, and documenting new designs. They must have a strong track record of project completion. Another critical task in this role is research; you will be given the opportunity to develop proprietary mechanical/electromechanical designs needed to enhance the functionality of our products. Maintaining good research practices and being compliant with internal SOPs governing the research and the development of technologies, testing programs, document control, and quality assurance functions, will be essential for overall growth and success in this role.
Education & Experience