Client Platform Engineer
Twitch - San Francisco, CA
Posted 8 months ago
About the Role
Our Client Platform Engineer is a hybrid software and systems role that ensures Twitch's employees have the systems they need to be productive. You will work within the IT Engineering team with every team to provide solutions to several needs. We ask that you have a comprehensive understanding of multiple operating systems, automation technologies, and coding combined with the capability to use them to create unique and creative solutions. We prefer that you be someone who has broad skills across multiple operating systems and excel at the ability to develop new creative solutions to our needs. You will report to our Senior Director of Corporate Engineering.
- Manage a mixed platform client system environment (Windows, macOS, Ubuntu).
- Administer client system management tools (i.e. Chef, Puppet, Ansible).
- Maintain client hardware standards including client configuration and test bleeding edge technology.
- Administer enterprise software including deployment and package management (i.e. Munki, Chocolatey)
- Diagnose and investigate unique and complex systemic problems.
- Write code / cookbooks that automate application and settings distribution using internal tools.
- Partner with information security, corporate network, field teams and other related groups to ensure a balance of global fleet health employee satisfaction.
- Partner with multiple teams to prioritize and balance work regarding requests, engineering and operations.
- Work as the escalation point between several support teams for issues on the IT client platform.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years experience managing a 1,000+ unit fleet in an environment containing Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Experience leading code reviews using standard development and code repository tooling such as GIT, SVN, Mercurial
- Can manage a client fleet of at least a 1,000 units using automated management such as one of the following: Chef, Munki, Puppet, Chocolaty
- Can document issues and communicate topics with associated partners
- An ability to understand functional business requests and translate them into technical requirements
- Accomplish tasks on time with awareness of impact on team members and other parts of the business
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or experience in related field will meet the education and related experience requirements listed above
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.