Social Media Moderation Specialist
Pearson - Columbia, MD
Posted 2 months ago
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always reexamining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology—and each other to surpass these boundaries—we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Pearson’s Online & Blended Learning K-12 group provides high-quality, highly accountable online education solutions to schools, school districts and students in grades K-12. The group, formerly known as Connections Education, is based in Columbia, Maryland and has been named a “Top Workplace” by the Baltimore Sun for three consecutive years and a “Best Place to Work” by Baltimore magazine. Recognized for its outstanding curriculum, high-quality teachers and leadership, Pearson Online & Blended Learning is committed to expanding quality education through technology, and helping students achieve both academic and personal success.
The Social Media Moderation Analyst will be accountable for positioning our brand in social media moderation activities on all platforms for all schools. This person will be responsible for supporting a cross-functional moderation strategy that enables Connections Academy to respond to followers in a focused, streamlined, and collaborative manner by including experts from other departments.
- Execute a customer-centric social moderation strategy. Lead social media community moderation of user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community.
- Collaborate with moderation team to ensure timely, accurate, brand-focused response to posts/comments on all social media platforms, including individual school Facebook pages, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.
- Leverage up-to-date, user-friendly moderation processes and resources
- Work with various teams within Pearson who help us respond to customer inquiries (including, but not limited to enrollment, placement, special education, curriculum, tech support, and learning coach support) to ensure accurate and consistent customer messaging across departments.
- Maintain process for communicating requests for information to schools.
- Support the implementation of social strategies that support Connections Academy brand strategy and campaigns.
- Support operation and optimization of Sprinklr, Connections Academy’s enterprise social media management platform
- Continuously improve performance through analysis of appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information.
- Collaborate with other departments (program managers, enrollment, state relations) to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions.
- Identify and coordinate outreach to families for PR and/or social campaigns
- Complete administrative activities in support of the position within established deadlines; and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, or a related field
- 3 years of experience in marketing or related field
- Knowledge of Facebook, Twitter & Instagram’s platforms required
- Familiarity with enterprise social media management platforms, ie Sprinklr
- Demonstrated continuous learning and discovery regarding ongoing changes to social platforms
- Proven ability to craft compelling communications that are clear, concise, and conversational and make creative use of text, video and images
- Experience resolving customer conflict and a desire to delight the customer
- Ability to balance the needs of sometimes competing customer bases
- Customer-centric; ability to engage and develop relationships with followers. Acts always with the customer’s needs, desires and frustrations in mind. Advocates for customers and works to quickly to address pain points with a goal toward transforming even the most unhappy customer into a brand ambassador.
- Strong consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Goal-oriented self-starter and multi-tasker; works well independently and as part of a team.
- Effortless communicator; quickly synthesizes information and delivers, clear, concise and friendly communication -- both verbal and written -- to customers and coworkers.
- Takes Personal Responsibility - Respects deadlines and meets them. Takes ownership of work, even when the outcome is less than ideal, learns from past experience. Not afraid to ask questions.
- Undaunted by immediate deadline nature of social media; able to quickly generate text that is accurate, grammatically correct and on-target. Availability nights and weekends as needed to respond to crises.
- Passionate about helping customers and about building strong customer communities.