Graduate Assistant ESports
Lakeland University - Plymouth ,WI
Posted 2 months ago
Address:W3718 South Drive Plymouth, WI 53073
Supervisor: Head Esports Coach
Supervisor reports to: Vice President for Campus Life
Job Purpose:Esports Graduate Assistant will assist the Head Coach with promoting the Esports Program, sportsmanship, and program integrity in compliance with standards set forth by the governing body NACE (National Association of Collegiate Esports), in alignment with understanding and becoming an ambassador of the Lakeland University Athletic Mission statement. The position is designed to enrich the leadership and coaching abilities for the selected candidate.
- Assist with the daily operations of the varsity and junior varsity Esports programs.
- Work with the head coach to develop community engagement. As well as social media platforms and discord channel.
- Work with Student activities with organizing Esport intramural competitions.
- Assist with the development of policies and procedures for the varsity Esports program.
- Collect and analyze various metrics from team practices and competitions to help drive student athletic performance.
- Assisting the head coach with meeting recruiting goals and the retention of the programs student athletes.
- Become proficient and fluent in using Slate, the university's recruiting software.
- Ensures program recruiting activities and initiatives are aligned with Lakeland Universityathletic department policies and procedures and NACE policies and procedures
- Supervisionand managementoftheEsports Facility.
- Other duties as assigned by the Esports Head Coach.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Pre-AcceptanceintoaGraduateprogram atLakeland University
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress on the degree program and maintain good academic standing of (GPA >3.0)
- Must be enrolled in 6 to 9 credits per semester
- Successfullycompletebackground check.
- Musthave avalid Driver'sLicense, with acceptable driving record.
- At least one yearofcompetitive Esports experience involving multiplayer online video games with team-based elements and expert knowledge of League of Legends,Overwatch, Hearthstone, or similar games.
- Strong relationship-building skills.
Length of Employment:
- 29 hours/week
- 2-3 years
- Stipend pay
Lakeland University is an equal opportunity employer/educator.
Employment Type: PART_TIME