BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
G2 Esports - New York
Posted 2 months ago
G2 Esports is looking for a highly motivated rock star Business Development Manager to join its commercial team. This individual will be based in New York, the soon to be new office location of G2 esports.
The Business Development Manager will support the securing of new commercial partnerships for G2 Esports to help maximise the organisation’s commercial revenue and promotion of the G2 brand. The majority of these partnerships will be sponsorship but could be other revenue generating initiatives and joint ventures that are aligned with the G2’s Strategic Plan.
- Sales – Developing leads, securing meetings and building relationships with prospective partners at senior levels through outbound approaches, existing corporate relationships and generally building an industry network and profile
- Building a Business Case – Development of the G2 Esports brand partnership narrative incorporating core belief/purpose, unique selling point and commercial assets and properties to help secure new commercial partners to the organisation
- Asset Development – work closely with all relevant G2 Esports departments (including content, social, player and creators) to create and evolve valuable partnership assets
- Presentation Materials – Development of a full suite of custom and tailored partnership sales materials, proposals and presentations to suit the needs of individual companies being pitched
- Insight & Data – Undertaking desk based research into potential partnership prospects and other revenue generating business models
- Research Analysis – Liaise with partnerships team and any agencies to acquire and analyze research to provide robust data and analysis to support the business case for a G2 Esports partnership
- CRM Management – Management and evolution of a leads and opportunities customer relationship management system. Maintaining accurate records of all sales and business development contacts and activities
- Contractual Process – Support the closing of partnership deals including negotiation of commercial terms and working alongside the brand and legal team to conclude contractual agreements
- Business Acumen – Supporting the Commercial Department’s senior leadership team across a broad range of commercial projects and initiatives
- Act as an ambassador for, and promote the best interests of G2 Esports at all times
- Undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the post and the needs of G2 Esports
- BSc/BA or MA in Marketing, Management or related field is preferred
- 3 – 5 years relevant industry experience and track record
- Experience of undertaking the full sales process from the initial outreach right through to closing out high value commercial deals. Rights holder experience preferential
- Proven track record of building valuable commercial relationships and the ability to influence and sell new concepts at a senior level
- Demonstrable track record of developing and sustaining internal relationships across multiple business units / departments to aid the scoping and packaging of commercial propositions
- An ability to construct best-in-class sales materials and presentations
- Strong team player with cooperative thinking and accuracy of data analysis and insights
- Understanding and utilisation of a CRM system to help deliver against specific business objectives
- Organized with strong time management capabilities and reliable execution of all committed tasks
- Credible experience of effectively commissioning, utilising and analysing research and insight data to develop lead generation
- Good knowledge and understanding of sponsorship and marketing
- Esports knowledge is a plus
YOUR BENEFITS WORKING AT G2 ESPORTS
Competitive salary; Performance Bonus; great IT equipment; flexible working times; G2 Esports Welcome Pack; and more!
Work Culture & Environment:
You will be surrounded by international, experienced, successful and ambitious co-workers that will push you to your limits in a positive and inspiring working atmosphere! A workplace where loyalty, trust, empowerment and feedback are valued.
Work closely with one of the best companies within esports and access a wide network of respectable people and structures in and outside of the industry.